Sunday, January 11, 2009

Windows 7 Beta Build 7000

I’ve been playing around with the beta build of Windows 7 which was recently released to public.

First thoughts: slick and polished.

Pretty wallpapers galore. I can stare at these with awe all day.

desktop2 desktop3  taskmanwindows 7

I’m also glad for the significantly less amount of resources Windows 7 uses when completely idle(no programs running at all), but maybe it’s just the beta build.

Some might not like the new taskbar in Windows 7, but I absolutely love it! It’s so much fun to play with, Window’s equivalent to Apple’s famous dock perhaps?

Definitely needs more room for improvement, for example the taskbar’s Desktop Preview function isn’t perfect. The desktop preview for iTunes doesn’t show up properly when minimized but shows up perfect after maximizing. I won’t be expecting too much from this beta build, but will definitely stick to it while dual booting my trusty Vista.

blog comments powered by Disqus